How to have a positive mindset after weight regain? - Trending News Live

Trending News Live

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Friday 3 November 2017

How to have a positive mindset after weight regain?

Hi Loseit,

How do you stay positive embarking on a weight loss journey for the second time after regaining it all?

In early 2016, I lost almost 40lbs. I maintained this for 6 months but then the floodgates opened wide and I spent 2017 bingeing it all back on. I’ve finally been able to get myself together and, so far, I’ve managed to lose around 2lbs – yay!

But I can’t shake the feeling of guilt, sadness and anxiety over the state of my body. The first time I lost weight, everything was novel, every pound was celebrated and every change in my body was marvellous. I was filled to the brim with confidence. This time around, I’ve already experienced what it’s like to be at my goal weight, and I don’t feel any joy seeing the number on the scale go down, only disappointment and desperation for it to happen as quickly as possible, so I can put this period of my life far, far behind me. :(

So many of you are in a similar boat to me but have such upbeat, positive attitudes and I really would love to know how you’re doing it, or what your mental process is like.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages