My PC has been doing this since I built it, but it was never a problem until now. - Trending News Live

Trending News Live

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday 30 October 2017

My PC has been doing this since I built it, but it was never a problem until now.

Okay, I'm going to post this in r/buildapc as well, but here it goes:

Two years ago, I built my PC, i7 6700k, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, Corsair H100i cooler, R9 390 GPU, 2x8 G.skill DDR4 RAM (whatever). Since I put it together, the fans would randomly throttle up and down, whenever the PC was under load of any kind, not sure which fan this is, but my guess is the liquid cooler fans?

anyway, just recently, I upgraded from my 390 to a 1080 Ti, great. So I'm playing Killing Floor 2, and my CPU usage is at around 50-60%, GPU usage is at like 70-85%, so I don't think I'm being bottlenecked? But sometimes my frames will drop from 100-150 to like, 10... This is apparently a problem with the game, I don't know, this never happens in other games, another thing that happens, is that the fans on my computer that are usually super loud will whine down for like a second, and my PC will freeze for .1 seconds... the fuck? Is this hard drive hitching? Does anyone know? My hard drive is honestly so old I'm not even sure what it is. I got it as a hand me down before I even started building PCs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages