TJ Dillashaw reclaims belt with 2nd-round KO of Cody Garbrandt - Trending News Live

Trending News Live

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Sunday 5 November 2017

TJ Dillashaw reclaims belt with 2nd-round KO of Cody Garbrandt

NEW YORK -- One of the most anticipated grudge matches of the year lived up to the hype Saturday night -- and it was? TJ Dillashaw?who had the final say. Dillashaw (15-3) knocked out Cody Garbrandt at 2:41 of the second round in their bantamweight title fight, reclaiming the 135-pound championship he lost in early 2016. The 135-pound title fight co-headlined UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden. It was an emotional matchup for both. Dillashaw used to train alongside Garbrandt (11-1) at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento, California, and left the team in 2015 on bad terms. "You know, there was no animosity on my side," Dillashaw said. "I knew I was fighting a very dangerous opponent. He's fast, powerful. That's going to make you more nervous than you need to be. You don't need any more pressure to it. I didn't put any animosity. I wasn't worried about the trash talk. "I was worried about getting better and getting my belt back, which...

from ABC News: Sports http://ift.tt/2zgdqPL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages