My social anxiety is ruining my life and I don't think I'm getting the help I need - Trending News Live

Trending News Live

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday 1 November 2017

My social anxiety is ruining my life and I don't think I'm getting the help I need

I have had pretty debilitating social anxiety for most of my life, and it has had a profound impact on me. My doctor noted my high blood pressure (even though i eat well, am skinny, and walk a lot) and my frequent weight loss (I was already underweight and the first year of hs alone i lost 15+ lbs) and loss of appetite (some days I have so much anxiety I can't eat all day or else i get sick, and I went weeks barely eating anything before because of it). I had literally no friends in middle school and barely any in high school, and it just made the whole experience miserable and I regret so many things that I couldn't do because of my social anxiety. I'm unable to make new friends and meet new people or apply for jobs, and it has affected my academic life considerably, and I have missed out on a lot of opportunities, experiences, and friendships because of it. A friend of mine applied to college and I decided I didn't want to miss out on another opportunity so I applied too and long story short he ended up hurting himself and put himself in the hospital and dropped out but I stayed and I didn't want college to be a re-run of high school and middle school where my social anxiety keeps me from having a normal happy life, so I talked to the campus therapist about it and she said my anxiety was pretty bad and highly recommend I see the nurse practitioner, so I did and I was prescribed Lexapro. I was on it for a few weeks and this did nothing to help my anxiety, and I told her it wasn't helping and she upped the dose but it still didn't help, and I told her this but she seems confident in continuing in this manor. I have regular panic attacks everyday and for the past few weeks it has been so bad that I cannot even go out and have missed a lot of class, consequently effecting my grades, and this just adds on the anxiety I already have. I also lost a lot of weight that I really shouldn't be losing, barely ever eat, never talk to people, and I picked up smoking cigarettes recently to try to help with the constant panic attacks, and it gives some relief but I really don't want a cigarette habit. At this point I'm willing to do anything that will help.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages